Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2022!
Publisher’s Note:Confidently interpret test results throughout your nursing curriculum, in clinicals, and in practice.
Designed to accompany Brunner & Suddarth's Textbook for Medical-Surgical Nursing,
14th Edition, this concise, portable, full-color handbook gives you quick access to hundreds of test results and their implications for nursing. Easily review specimen collection procedures and access a concise, alphabetical list of nearly 300 tests and their implications.
- Find the information you need fast for each test:
- Reference values, critical values, and/or normal findings
- Abnormal findings with associated nursing implications
- Purpose and description
- Interfering factors
- Nursing considerations for patient care before, during, and/or after the tes
- Confidently address priority care issues and potentially hazardous or life-threatening situations with clearly identified best practices and warnings.
- Locate presentations of diseases, disorders, measurements, testing equipment, and examples of results at a glance in figures, tables, and boxes.