The preferred nursing fundamentals resources for generations of nursing students and educators, Fundamentals of Nursing: The Art and Science of Person-Centered Nursing Care, 10th Edition
, equips beginning nursing students with a holistic, case-based perspective on nursing practice and emphasizes the clinical reasoning and decision-making essential to their success in today’s competitive healthcare environment.
Promoting nursing as an evolving art and science directed to human health and well-being, this bestselling text is designed to instill in students the highest level of scientific knowledge and technical skill while cultivating the blended competencies crucial to responsible patient-centered care in a wide variety of care settings. Updates throughout this 10th Edition reflect a growing emphasis on clinical judgment and NCLEX® readiness, training students to think like nurses and respond confidently and effectively to clinical challenges.
Ample clinical examples, pedagogy, illustrations, and online learning tools and assessments engage students and distill need-to-know information, complemented by a suite of integrated teaching and learning resources that create a seamless, superior learning experience for every student. New to this Edition
- NEW! Clinical Judgment chapter conditions students think like nurses, incorporating the nursing process and the latest evidence-based practices to prioritize responsibilities and make confident clinical decisions.
- NEW! Integrated NCSBN concepts and terms keep students on the front lines of today’s evolving nursing practice and ready them for success on the NextGen NCLEX®.
- NEW! Evolving Case Studies familiarize students with the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Evaluation Model and reflect the Next Generation NCLEX (NGN).
- NEW! Diversity, inclusion, and equity content equips students with a diverse perspective on patient care essential to today’s nursing practice.
- NEW! Timely coverage throughout the text reflects the impact of climate change and COVID-19 on patient care.
- NEW! 2021 AACN Essentials and ANA Nursing Scope and Standards of Practice incorporated throughout the text help you meet the latest curriculum standards in competency-based nursing education.
- NEW! Thoughtful Person-Centered Practice: Challenging Topics leverage Unfolding Patient Stories to reinforce clinical reasoning and judgment competencies in a real-world context.
- UPDATED! NCLEX®-style Chapter Review Questions in every chapter strengthen students’ exam readiness.