Selected as a Doody's Core Title for 2022!
Offering authoritative coverage of all aspects of diagnosing, treating, and preventing the progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD), this highly regarded handbook is an invaluable resource for nephrologists, internists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare professionals who care for early-stage CKD patients. Incorporating the considerable advances in the field since the previous edition, Handbook of Chronic Kidney Disease Management, 2nd Edition
, provides a truly global perspective on managing patients with mild to moderate CKD.
- Shares the evidence-based expertise of cardiologists, endocrinologists, general internists, and nephrologists, focusing on the care of non-dialysis CKD patients in stages 1–5.
- Describes guidelines, practices, and approaches to problems associated with CKD, including recent clinical guidelines from both U.S. and international organizations.
- Includes a new chapter on risk of CKD after acute kidney injury.
- Features an all-new two-color design for improved visual appeal and new, streamlined content for conciseness and ease of use.
- Includes case vignettes and management algorithms throughout.
- Covers special topics such as children, pregnant women, and the elderly.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.