Improve your patients’ quality of life with evidence-based, practical guidance on every aspect of today’s dialysis.
For more than 20 years, Henrich’s Principles and Practice of Dialysis
has been the go-to resource for comprehensive, accessible information on the challenges of managing the wide variety of patients who receive dialysis. This Fifth Edition brings you fully up to date with new chapters, a new eBook edition, two new editors and new contributors who offer practical experience and a fresh perspective. Clearly written and unique in scope, it helps you meet the growing demand for this procedure by providing a solid foundation in both basic science and clinical application.
- All chapters are fully updated and offer unparalleled coverage of the changing nature of modern dialysis practice.
- A new chapter on pregnancy and dialysis addresses the unique needs of this special patient population.
- A new chapter on cystic kidney disease and ESRD provides the latest information on complications that can lead to kidney failure.
- Other new chapters include home hemodialysis, the wearable artificial kidney, and respiratory disorders in dialysis patients.
- Sections cover technical and procedural considerations in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, clinical considerations in the evaluation of dialysis patients, drugs and intoxications, dialysis in the pediatric population, and the business of dialysis.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigationPowerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use