Step into maternal-neonatal nursing with confidence and know-how, with the fully updated Maternal-Neonatal NursingMade Incredibly Easy!
®, 4th Edition.
This friendly guide’s colorful images and helpful learning aids offer the latest in nursing interventions for prenatal care basics, including high-risk pregnancy, family planning, contraception and infertility, labor and birth, and postpartum care, presented in the enjoyable Incredibly Easy
style. Offering practice questions written in NCLEX® exam format, this is the ideal support for nursing students and new nurses preparing for certification and the everyday challenges of the maternal-neonatal unit.
Set a career-long high standard in maternal-neonatal nursing with:
- NEW and fully updated content in a bulleted, easy-to-read format
- NEW genetics content in conception and fetal development chapter
- End-of-book “Practice Makes Perfect” practice exam that tests your knowledge and hones your test-taking skills
- Full-color illustrations throughout that demonstrate vital concepts and interventions in areas such as:
- Conception and fetal development
- Complications of the postpartum period
- High-risk neonatal conditions – causes, what to look for and what to do, including: antenatal and postnatal factors, impaired parenting, birthweight classifications and problems, cardiac screening, bacterial sepsis, viral infections, inborn metabolism errors, seizures, prematurity, respiratory problems and more
- Family planning, contraception and infertility
- Physiologic and psychosocial pregnancy changes – nausea and vomiting, amenorrhea, urinary frequency, fatigue, uterine enlargement, pregnancy tests, the effects of pregnancy on the major body systems, mother-image and father-image development, effects of cultural background and family influences, and more
- Prenatal care
- High-risk pregnancy
- Labor and birth
- Nursing interventions for labor and birth complications – emotional support, electronic monitoring, amniotic fluid embolism, cesarean delivery, fetus in distress, pre- and post-operative care, breech presentation, face presentation, transverse lie, fetal size, ineffective uterine force, hypertonic and hypotonic uterine contractions, intrauterine fetal death, multiple gestation, placental abnormalities, preterm labor and delivery, uterine rupture and more
- Postpartum care
- Special chapter features offer helpful learning aids such as:
- Just the facts – a quick summary of content at the start of each chapter
- “Nurse Joy and Jake” – expert insights that explain key concepts, provide important care reminders and offer reassurance
o Memory joggers
– memory tricks and other aids that help you understand and remember difficult concepts
o Advice from experts
– tips from experienced maternal-neonatal nurses
o Bridging the gap
– unique beliefs and aspects of care for different cultural groups
o Education edge
– patient teaching tips and checklists
o Quick quiz
– multiple-choice end-of-chapter questions written in NCLEX format, followed by answers and rationales About the Clinical Editor
Stephanie C. Evans, PhD, APRN, CPNP, is Assistant Professor of Nursing at Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas.