Vital Disease Information for Your Success in Nursing
Ready yourself for the realities of professional nursing practice with this proven approach to pathophysiology. Distilling need-to-know disease content in a clear, accessible format, Porth’sEssentials of Pathophysiology
offers concise yet complete coverage of how the body works to help you establish the scientific foundation essential to success in your nursing career.
- Approachable presentation builds understanding from basic to advanced concepts and defines key terms as you progress.
- “Chunked” content--including Learning Objectives, Key Points boxes, and Summary Concepts sections--highlights critical points for reflection.
- Full-color illustrations clarify the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Review Exercises at the end of each chapter test your retention and identify areas for further study.
- References provide fast, efficient access to normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
- Narrated animations referenced by icons in the text and available online enhance your understanding of the most challenging and clinically relevant concepts.